|Bad Tax Preparer:|
Not Asking for Documentation
If your Atlanta Georgia income tax preparer is not asking for:
- Thorough financial records
- Without looking at all your info
- They avoid lots of documentation
- Asks to e-file your return with your last pay stub before you receive your Form W-2.
Some things that LEGITIMATE tax preparers will ask for:
- Annual reports dealing with your investments and assets
- The pay stubs from your job, along with a few additional employment info
- Children's Social Security numbers (if applicable)
- Child custody proof in order to claim dependents
This could be some big red flags for a scam. Run the other way fast...
Run to GBC Tax Service.