|Haste makes waste|
First things you need to know before getting Atlanta IRS representation is what to hold back from every employee's paycheck:
- Federal (and if applicable state) income taxes
- FICA contributions (for such programs as Social Security and Medicare)
- READ MORE ABOUT FICA
Knowing that going in, it will be a whole lot easier to help you out of your Atlanta IRS based problems should you ever need professional audit help.
Other important notes for an employer to know to help them with their Atlanta payroll tax problems:
- How much income tax to withhold depends on the numbers of exemptions claimed by the employee.
- FICA contributions from a percentage of gross earnings earned by the actual employee in which you must either match to a certain percentage, or fully.
- Use a federal tax deposit form with your payment (makes things way easier)
Along with these, there are also a couple things you must make sure you always send to the IRS. If you do not send these to the IRS, then you may indeed find yourself needing Atlanta IRS representation. The Atlanta IRS requires this information by federal law, so it is best to make sure you send it over:
- Form 941 Employer's Quarterly Federal Tax Return. Form is filed every 3 months whilst your business maintains employees. This report shows the employees' federal income tax and FICA withheld for the previous quarter.
Download Form 941
- Form 940 Employer's Annual Federal Unemployment Tax Return or FUTA. Filed once a year, and is used to calculate federal unemployment tax. It is important to note that the FUTA tax is paid by the actual business and is not withed from the employee's check.
Download Form 940
If you find yourself failing in this area of Atlanta IRS representation for your business, do not fret. The Atlanta IRS has reported that the vast majority of businesses are often late, or mess up, their taxes. While the Atlanta IRS considers payroll taxes the most serious of all the tax debts, often they will be willing to work with you as long as you pick the correct Atlanta IRS representation.
Be careful with payroll taxes, as Atlanta IRS collectors can be extremely tenacious if you owe any payroll taxes whatsoever.
If you do find yourself in trouble, give GBC Tax a call today to help with your Atlanta IRS representation, the sooner the call the sooner your payroll tax problems can be fixed.
Call GBC Income Tax Services today at 678-366-9232 for all your tax and IRS needs!